Thursday, January 22, 2009

True, Blue (Eyed) Love


You may have noticed that I have been conspicuously absent from my blogging pages lately. I have been somewhat busy with other responsibilities and chores. However, I figure it is time to blog about something even if it has nothing to do with anything relevant in my life at this time. I ran across a quotation by Theophile Gautier, a French poet, writer and critic that said “Dynasties of cats, as numerous as the dynasties of the Pharaohs, succeed each other under my roof.” Monsieur Gautier must have been a lot like me. This quotation made me reminisce about some of my dynasties past. I have never posted about my boy, Blaine. He is the beautiful white, blue eyed cat in the picture. What you cannot see in this picture were his big feet. He was a six toed cat. Claude is that other precious one in the picture who also adored Blaine. Blaine was my love. Blaine was my sweetness. Blaine was my heart. I have had many loves and for that, I am truly fortunate. I do not understand people who cannot find true love. Maybe they are looking for the wrong kind. True love waits at any animal shelter.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

There is so much truth to that. One day I'll pick out a true love. As for now, renting, and not pets allowed. =/

Anonymous said...

So true! Cats are the perfect companions and ask for so little. I couldn't live without my boys! :) I lost my most precious one eight years ago and still miss him.

Lisa said...

Beautiful boy! I've had a few special kitties in my time. I would be hard pressed to pick out just one favorite, but I could name 3 or 4 that are at the top.