Tuesday, March 18, 2008

S-P-R-I-N-G


The completed Spring banner comes together. After reviewing my banner, I learned some things about myself. There are some unintentional themes in the banner that are not really all that surprising. First of all, there is the obvious 'animal, bird, insect' or 'wild life' theme going on. If a cat did not show up in an artwork piece designed by me, people would assume I was sick or had fallen and smacked my head. Secondly, I seem to gravitate toward bright colors. Thirdly, the heart symbol shows up at least one time in every banner. Again, not surprising as heart cut gemstones are my favorite. Is banner making a form of psychotherapy? Again, I am not surprised by the recurrent themes. I am only suprised that they appeared since they happened subconciously. By the way, I am not leaving the scotch tape on the wall for hanging the banner. That is only temporary. When I get ready to hang my banner permanently, it will be attached in a more eye pleasing fashion! When my craft room is completed, I will hang it there minus the scotch tape and post an updated picture here.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Awesome! Isn't is amazing how the individual pennants come together to create a cohesive banner? I look at everyone's pennants and try to imagine the completed banner and I'm surprised everytime! It's the best part of the whole challenge to me.

You should be very pleased with your lovely spring banner! I hope it makes you happy every time you look at it.

Are you ready to 'glam it up' on the next challenge?

Anonymous said...

Wow, your complete banner looks really great, love all the colours.

Amy said...

Great job! I like all the bright colors, and I think 'G' might be my favorite. :)

Linda said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The completed banner looks almost like a jungle or wildlife scene.