Friday, November 7, 2008

Blue Japanese Sea English Cherry Blossom Lavender Wave Spray

Lisa at Simple Journeys sponsored another pennant swap and I might add, it is waaay fun to participate. It is fun to make your own pennants, sure. However, the best part is when you get one of someone elses! That is just too cool for school! I am going to parade them here. First of all, Amy's pennant, Cherry Blossom. The aspect I really love about this one is the face. From a distance, it has an ethereal quality almost ghostly. Love that! Can you see the spiritual quality of the face looking out from the blossoms?
Second up is Lisa M. with Japanese Cherry Blossom. Same theme but totally different because of the oriental quality. My favorite aspect of this pennant is the combination of turquoise and red. Now who would know those are two of my fave colors to put together? Plus, the back of this pennant is beautiful.

Isn't this fun? Next up, Blue Wave by Ruby. This banner speaks happiness and sunshine to me. I love the little sea horsey and the wave about to tackle him is awesome. That wave will not tackle him; he is too fast!

I am not sure where to begin with the next pennant. This is SeaSpray by Linda. There is so much going on here that I almost cannot pick a favorite aspect but I really do love the sea glass and those are real sea shells. This took some effort and what you cannot see is the back where she described her day at the beach.

Finally, my own contribution is English Lavender. Anything I create is probably going to pertain one of three notions: England, cats or books.

I love this banner! I love each of these pennants for their individualism. Honestly, I could not tell you which pennant I like best. Each pennant was created by a different individual and each one has a particular aspect that I find most captivating. The best part is when you put them all together you achieve a beautiful artwork banner. I attached the pennants to a ribbon with the flowers and brads to create the banner. I love it and will keep Nigel and Oliver away from it.

This is a banner from a previous swap. They are great to decorate with.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love how you attached them all together! Aren't they just an awesome bunch of pennants? There are 4 others that you haven't seen yet. It was SO hard to divvy them up! And you title cracks me up!!