Sunday, February 15, 2009

Watercolors




I have always had a fascination with watercolored paintings. I have tried to watercolor on a few occassions but never had any success with it. Anyone that has read my blog from start to finish has probably discerned that I am a dabbler; trying everything but never committing to anything. Well, I am tackling watercolors again and here are three of my current creations. Any librarian can tell you that some of the best artwork you can find on the planet is not necessarily located in a museum but rather inside childrens books. Many of the illustrations are done in watercolors but many are mixed media too. If you ever get the opportunity to look at a childrens book called "John Henry" by Julius Lester and illustrated by Jerry Pinkney, you will certainly enjoy the pictures. They are inspirational and I think that is why I tackled watercolors one more time.


1 comment:

Lisa said...

I've done a little watercolor in my time. And oils. I think I like oils better, although I haven't touched either in years.
I like the birdhouse--they are another of my many collections.