Monday, April 13, 2009

2009 - 1972 = 4?


Some people say you cannot dream in color yet I know I do because I have noticed the vibrant colors in some of my dreams. For example, I can remember dreaming about buying a red purse and shopping for red purses all through out the dream. But one thing I have definitely noticed is a common problem in dreams, (By the way' "In Dreams" is the title of a song written by Roy Orbison. See how I am always thinking about music?) is that the math part of my brain does not work and for that matter, a large part of the logic portion of my brain. But when you think about it dreams really cannot be logical, can they? I mean that defeats the reason for them, doesn't it? Right before I woke up this morning, I was dreaming that I moved into a different house. I was considering getting new flooring. I was talking to someone about the situation and I said "I cannot decide if I need new flooring." The other person asked how old the current carpet was and that is when my brain froze! I was trying to do a mathematical calculation and appearing to be a fool in the dream. I kept trying to perform simple subtraction in my head. I was thinking well I think this carpet is original to the house and the house was built in 1972, therefore, 2009 minus 1972 IS...but no answer would arrive. It seems minutes had passed and this person in the dream kept awaiting an answer so as not to keep him waiting I answered "4". Four? Four! Since when did 2009 - 1972 = 4??? Besides why couldn't I just look down at the 37 year old carpet that looked like it had been in a bear's den and determine that I needed new flooring?? Like I said, there is no logic to be found in MY dreams.

No comments: