Saturday, October 25, 2008

How Wonderful Life Is...


Can you recall the happiest day of your life? I can. I can tell you exactly when it was and where it was and who I was with. It was like the stars aligned and everything I had ever done in my life lead to that day. I could not put a foot wrong wrong that day. I had the Midas touch. While you are living it, it is fab! In retrospect, it makes for a wonderful memory tinged with sadness. It is in the past afterall. Well, there is always hope for another future "complete perfect alignment of the stars". And it will happen again...just hope I will not have to wait another large track of years more for it. The clock is ticking and time is drawing shorter. When it will happen is left up to Divinity. However, I do know this about those moments that are perfect or approach perfection...they never happen twice in exactly the same way. That moment will never be in Vegas again. Next time, it will be in London or New York or maybe here at home but never again in Vegas. That is not to say that Vegas will not be fun and wonderful again for me. It has been already.

I tried to capture the happiness of my perfect day in this piece but no way. It cannot be done. I just cannot even begin. There is not enough real estate on these two pages to fit it the fullness of my happiness. Therefore, I just had to try for a couple of concepts instead; the simple beauty of the stark desert and the over-the-top bling of it all. The title of this piece is "How Wonderful Life Is" which is a lyric to a song..."Your Song"...my song. Yes, it was truly a beautiful day.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

My happiest days are more like moments or seasons of time,events and memories, and are many and varied. It would be hard to rank or quantify them. It is the sum of the whole that gives me this kind of elation you speak of. If I were to choose only one, I feel I would do a disservice to countless others.