Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'm Building A Bird


Okay, this altered book hobby is very addictive and fun. This is my first entry in 'Other Book'. Oddly enough, the first entry is not about a cat but a bird. I would love to take credit for "I'm Building a Bird" but it is not an original idea but rather the title of a song by Elton John and Bernie Taupin. In true Taupin form, the lyrics demand attention. Sometimes Bernie writes in a collocational way to emphasize the beautiful way words fit together without any meaning almost creating a type of music in and of themselves. However, I do think there is substantial meaning to this lyric. Elton does not sing this song but when I do hear it done by someone else, I always stop to think about the words. I think it is about making something nice out of something unfortunate. At least, that is what I would do if I was building a bird.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Ah-ha! It is addictive, isn't it? Great page. You always use such bright and vivid colors--eye candy, as they say.

Linda Jacobs said...

What a striking page! The colors are so alive.