Monday, November 21, 2011

Cats and Water DO NOT MIX



The little Jacob although wild and rambunctious is somewhat reserved when it comes to venturing into virgin territory. For weeks, he has been interested in the bathtub. He saw Henry and Olliver jump into it and jump back out seemingly unscathed. Therefore, he recently got his nerve up to jump up to the side of the bathtub and look down into it. He did that for several days surveying the lay of the land after I would exit the bathtub from a bath. He found the remaining water remnants mesmerizing. Cats like to look at water. They like to play in small quantities of water. They do not like to be immersed in water. Come to think of it, cats must be Episcopalians.

After many days of jumping into the tub after my exit then using the slick surface to practice his skating skills, Jacob let down his guard. This morning, he jumped into the tub while it was still at least one quarter full. Surprised is not strong enough of a word to describe its effect on him. Shocked would be a better choice. He flailed, swam, rolled, scrambled then lept from the tub in a split seconds time. It took him at least an hour to dry himself.

3 comments:

Linda Jacobs said...

Too funny! I can just see him licking and licking himself dry!

Lisa said...

Funny story! I'm back, did you miss me?

Cindy said...

YES, I missed you! I love ya!