Monday, November 12, 2012

And I Would Like to Thank...

I would like to thank all of my friends for the best birthday ever. Really. I don't know why but this year was just really special. Maybe because as I am getting older and my future birthdays are fewer in number  than my past birthdays, birthdays are becoming more special to me. This year was no exception.

Firstly, I would like to say that God certainly smiled on me when he passed out friends. I have THE BEST FRIENDS anyone could ever hope to have! I have been so blessed in this aspect of my life. I love my family but I love my friends too. I would NOT be happy without both categories. One is as important as the other to my way of thinking. Your family 'has' to put up with your shenanigans but your friends do not. They are good barometers of one's behavior. You can tell by their reactions as to whether or not you might be going a little bit too extreme. See, both categories are necessary, are they not?

It is sad for me to say that I have lost a friend or two along the way. I have not lost any lately though meaning in the past two or three decades. One lives and learns. Unfortunately, some learning experiences have costly consequences. However, one learns the most from these expensive experiences. As Oscar Wilde would say "Experience is the name people give to their mistakes." It is a good school but the tuition is high. No one has ever accused me of being a poor student and that goes for the school of experience too. I have learned much.

My special friends, Carol, Vickie, Shelly and Ellen all made my birthday extra special this year. I feel so lucky and so fortunate.

Okay, I am changing gears here slightly.

Shelly and Ellen decided I would do well to get one of these. This is called the Furniture Friend sold at Bed, Bath and Beyond. We noticed some slubby snags on the sofa that this might divert against any future slubby snags.

Furniture Friend
Never let it be said that cats lack an inventive mind. Nigel is providing the service to the other cats of removing the furniture friend so more slubby snags can be gained!

Nige Gets Jiggy
Oh yeah, cat shaped universe and all of that....


1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

HAPPY BIRTHDY! Sounds like you had a great day. So glad you are blessed with both good family and friends, We are both lucky in that regard. And, too funny about those kitties!