Thursday, November 8, 2012

There was once an old woman that lived in a...

...cat shaped universe and it was me.

I am weird. At least I am when I compare myself to others. The truth is and really this is the truth, I am one of the happiest people on the planet...UNTIL...I begin comparing myself to others. As long as I am not comparing, I am happy, happy, happy flitting around in my world kind of like a bumble bee from flower to flower.

But when the comparisons begin, the doubts creep in. Should I have zigged when I zagged? Should I have turned right instead of left? Comparisons are wrong, aren't they? We are all the same yet we are all individuals. What is right for me, is probably not what is right for you and vice versa. So goes the story, there are many truths. There is my truth and there is your truth. Then, there are the millions of other truths on the planet.

Often I have to remind myself to stop with the comparisons. As long as I stay in my cat shaped universe, I am on cloud nine. A happier woman has never lived.

This is how it looks inside my cat shaped universe. Other people that live in cat shaped universes will get it.

Once There Was a Woman

"Once upon a time, a woman living in a cat shaped universe bought a chair. It turned out to be a cat shaped chair but only she could see that. Well, not only 'she' could see it but 'someone' else saw that too.

That someone else made it 'his' chair. The woman was happy with that because she did live in a cat shaped universe after all. Then, the woman decided that she needed another chair. This time she would get a human shaped chair because she was a human living in a cat shaped universe. She wanted her own chair that fit her. But as it turned out...

This chair was also cat shaped. What to do? What to do? There is only one thing to do. Just be happy and live. Cat shaped universes are all about sharing."

3 comments:

Linda Jacobs said...

This is a riot! It could almost be a children's book. Kylie would love it since she loves all critters.

I try not to succumb to comparisons, either, beause it's a balance thing. Some people have more of one thing but I have more of another, etc. Just isn't worth it.

Not sure I'll be able to post this because I can't decipher the security picture. I copied my comment, though, and will send it in an email if I can't do it.

Nope. Didn't work but I think I can make it out this time...

Linda Jacobs said...

YAY!

Linda Jacobs said...

BTW, Love the picture of you!