Saturday, June 21, 2008

Cheer Down

Remember in This Boy post, I said all of my cats have theme songs. Nigel's theme song is Cheer Down by George Harrison from Lethal Weapon 2. I love that song and is a wonderful example of the extraordinary guitarist that George was. Back to Nige; I do remember one day before I adopted Nigel looking out the window at him and watching him interact with his mother, Emily. She was having a terrible time just trying to stand up without him kicking, biting, swinging on her, chasing her, scratching her. She being the wonderful, gentle mom that she was exercised all of her patience with him in order not to retaliate. I can still clearly see how he had just torn into her and then, out of the blue, reversed gears simply to suddenly lite out like the wind in order to dash half way up a very tall oak tree. He was this much of a hellion all at maybe one month of age. The thought I had was 'someone needs to make that little fuzzball cheer down.' Well, he has not cheered down any since. None. Zero. Zilch. He has only ramped up more. I think that is why I love him so much. Like the song says, There's no tears to be shed, I'm gonna love you instead, I want you around, cheer down.


1 comment:

Lisa said...

You can see the mischief on his mind!! Somebody/something better watch out!