Thursday, June 19, 2008

Masked Marauder

As you can tell from a couple of posts below this one, Oliver loves to sleep on the windowsill. This is his favorite place to sleep. Tonight, he had his sleep disturbed. I heard some bumbling and banging on the patio. I figured it was another one of our 'possum visitors or maybe even a hungry cat (go figure). I switched on the patio light and what to my wondering eyes should appear but a new type visitor!! We have never had a visitor such as this one. When the light hit him and he was standing looking in that window where Ollie was by now sitting up trying to peer out at our visitor, I thought Ollie was going to jump out of his skin! He could not leave that windowsill fast enough. He ran and never looked back! Straight for underneath the bed, he tore out! The last I saw of Oliver, his tail looked like a wire bottle brush! However, Nigel immediately wanted to check out the goings on of the patio. When he saw our masked friend, he was very curious but the site of me and Nigel were too much for the little raccoon and he scurried off into the darkness. And I hope that is where he stays. Nature is nice but I do not like it when nature and my house collide like when the squirrel came down the chimney. ;)


2 comments:

Lisa said...

Cats are so funny! The image of Ollie bolting under the bed cracks me up! Wouldn't you love to know his thoughts at that moment?

Cindy said...

Ollie has seen possums, birds, squirrels, other cats, dogs but this was his first raccoon. The only thing that really set it apart from the other creatures was its mask. I think the mask scared Ollie's socks off!