Monday, October 15, 2012

Drop In The Bucket

My Henry likes to sleep in a bucket. Cats are so weird. If I tried to get him to sleep in that bucket, he would revolt. However, on his own volition, he completely loves to wad himself up into a tidy ball and pack himself into it just like a sardine.


Really, it isn't a bucket as much as it is some sort of dish pan. However, I do not use it for dishes. This is my "feet soaking" pan. Recently, I have become plagued with 'fungus' on my toenails. Ugh, I know. As it turns out, everyone is exposed to fungus but 'some' of us are more prone to having them settle in and finding a home on our bodies...those 'some' of us who have had too many antibiotics and too much antibacterial washes over the years.

Long story short, nail salons are completely off limits to me now that I know I have no resistance to these fungus creatures.  Henry really likes the bucket when I am not using it.

1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

They are just like kids; they always want to do the opposite of what we want! Too funny! I've been fortunate not to be prone to fungus. I had acrylic nails for eleven years and never had a problem. I finally stopped doing them when I had to go to Florida to care for my mom and hated to have to find a new nail tech. That was eight years ago. This spring, when we got to Maine, there was a new nail salon just down the street from our campground so it's handy for me. I've been going in for pedicures and manicures and my nails are looking so much better already. They were a mess before. I'll never go back to acrylics (too much time and money) but an occasional mani/pedi is a nice treat.