Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Moon and Stars + Another Moon?

There has been an interesting development in the local feline population. It seems 'someone' has come out of hiding and has recently been visiting his 'twin brother'.

As it turns out, my Moon and Stars has a twin and I do mean twin. I do not mean 'kinda, sorta'. I mean they look exactly alike right down to the cute patch on their noses. I would not have known about this handsome lad if he had not come 'a visiting'. He comes up to my back window and peers in looking for Jakey. As soon as Jakey spies him, he runs right over to greet him by jumping up onto the windowsill.

There is one difference in the two guys though. Seth, as I call him, does not have a 'bad' eye like my Moon and Stars does. Seth is perfection! Right down to the ground! We had wondered about this eye business and Seth helps to explain some of it.

When I came by my little Jakey, he was teeny, tiny yet with the bad eye already. The opthamologist said the damage to his eye could have been caused from injury or by disease but was unable to tell which. We thought it might be herpes which is common among feral cats. The fact that Seth has two perfect yellow eyes probably means there was not a herpes infection among the litter. That is good!! That means I do not have to worry so much about a recurrence of the herpes infection in Jakey. Jakey probably sustained an injury to his eye in utero or possibly during birth.

More importantly, this is what it means to me. Seth could have found his way to me with both of his perfect eyes and he could be living inside my home right now. But instead, my Moon and Stars found his way with one good eye and one blind eye. Love led him to me because he gave me his heart and I gave him my eyes.

This is a true love story.

Seth shuns the paparazzi.


1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

What a nice story...a love story and a miracle! I like your photo, too, with the sun reflection and colored chairs. And, of course, Seth.