Thursday, October 25, 2012

Grinning Chesshire Cat

Remember my new nephew, Bow? Well, he has had 50 different names since he came to live with my sister. Now, his name is Bruce. Yes, Springsteen.

This is his forever name. Makes sense, right? It would be like me having a cat named, Elton or Paul, however, I have not had any by those names yet.

At one point, the name "Paul McCatney" was being considered for baby because Paul McCartney likes to pronounce his name like that when he is embracing his Scottish heritage which is most of the time and my sister has a deep fondness for Paul.(Not as immeasurable as mine for him.)  But no, Bruce is my sister's true love (his picture resides on her iphone lock screen) so "Bruce" was determined to be baby's name now. (This is a way one can marry their love for cats with their love for music.)

It seems baby Bruce has been  having dental issues. His teeth have not been falling out as they should. Yesterday, he had 5 baby teeth removed so his other teeth may come in. This got me to thinking so I asked my sister.

"What do cats do that do not have mothers? Do they just roam around out there with jacked up teeth?".

Perplexedly she answered. "Yeah, I suppose they do. Sucks, huh? They are probably the butt of jokes and shunned by their peers."

Well, anyway, ever since baby Bruce had his toofies worked on, he can't quit flashing that beautiful smile. That is a gift bag around his neck where he stores his toys. Looks kind of like a dental bib, doesn't it?




Aspiring Male Model.

1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

Bruce is so cute smiling away like that! Love his name story, too. Even though my husband is allergic to cats, a few found their way into our lives over the years. We had Cinderella, Geronimo, and Shadow.