Friday, April 16, 2010

RMS Titanic

This is my blogstyle...do a little artwork...do a little writing. There is always something on my mind even if it does not relate to what I happen to create. That is what I will write about. This time it does happen to relate. I have always had a thing (fixation, obsession or what ever you might call it) regarding the Titanic long before all of the commotion generated by the most recent movie. However, I do not think this interest is uncommon. I think many people have a thing about the Titanic. Why is that? It is always heavy on my mind every April 15. There is something about it that is compelling to many people. I am not alone in this. There are a lot of topics like this that are captivating that cause many people to believe they have some sort of personal yet spiritual tie to a topic and who knows, maybe they do. These are only my speculations. They go something like this. Often when people speak of reincarnation, they think they might be the reincarnated Cleopatra or Napoleon or some other larger than life historical figure. Even if reincarnation is a possibility (I do not happen to think it is) but say it is just for arguments sake, we cannot all be these people. Some of us must be the rank and file "no names" that no one remembers. Excluding the reincarnation argument,  rather,  I think this feeling that people have that causes them to feel a tie to something is from a collective consciousness or in modern terms, meme. I do think there are unseen forces tugging and pulling at our minds evoking thoughts that are somehow plugged into a universal consciousness or single mindedness. Perhaps it should be thought of as the mind of all humanity. I do not know. But I know this much is true. There is no denying that a thought can pass across the world like an unseen wave. Is there an unseen wave bringing us closer to a collision with an unseen iceberg? That could be but in the end, I know it will all work out. I know, I never doubt, that we are heading on a course that only leads to one place good. Heaven.


1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

Love your Titanic artwork! You are so right about it being fascinating to many people.

I teach a story about it to one of my classes and I show them the latest movie. Most of them haven't seen it. Last semester, one of my girls threw a hissy fit when she heard that we were going to be watching it even though she'd never seen it. "I know what happens; the ship sinks!" Well, she didn't have a choice and ended up loving it and crying at the end. I love it when something like that happens.