Saturday, April 10, 2010

Vintage Memories

Oh where did I get off track with my day of the week plan? I don't know but that is okay. As I have said before, I do not function well with structure. These "pattern" women have become a staple in my photoshop playing. It all goes back to my paper doll days. When I was a girl, I played with paper dolls almost non-stop. I always had some paper doll set up going on that I would resume when the feeling hit me. I would build houses for them and fashion furniture. Mom would make me clean it up at least to a foot square from time to time so it would not get out of hand. Otherwise, I might be prone to take over the entire house with a big paper doll scenario. I had this one paper doll I was crazy about and played with more than the others. I had her out playing with her on the dining table but got tired and went to bed. After I was asleep, my sister and my baby niece came to visit my mom. I woke up the next morning to find my favorite paper doll had met with a sad demise. My baby niece had torn her head off! My sister and mom  had tried to tape her back together for me. I mean they really tried to take a good stab at it. I did not let my feelings show because my sister was very remorseful about it and after all, I loved my baby niece so much that I could not hold a grudge against her. She is grown now like me but I still love her except much, much more than I ever did before. In fact, this lady here is at our favorite hotel. Wish we were both there now....


No comments: