Monday, April 5, 2010

Full Pink Moon

The past leaves its mark even the deep past. Our ancestry is in our DNA. This is the only way certain fascinations and fixations can be explained in this life when we have had no prior knowledge or experience with particular themes or topics that intrigue us. I have a fascination for the moon. I remember far into the past, riding in a car with my father. He had taken me with him to deliver a television that he had repaired back to the family it belonged. As we were returning home, I remember staring out the back glass of the car at the full moon admiring its beauty and being hypnotized by its mystery. I could not have been more than three or four years old. That memory is as vivid to me as if it happened yesterday. Last week, the moon was especially beautiful. I could have almost read a book by the light it reflected. I cast a long shadow as I stood staring, again soaking in its mystery, admiring its beauty and being deeply appreciative for the beautiful world that God has given us. Life is a wonderful mystery.

1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

I love the moon, too! Every other year when I teach Nature Journaling, I have my kids keep a moon journal for 30 days and I do one, too.

Love your yellow one!