Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Don't Smoke In Bed

Time for a light diversion. I need one. My thoughts have been heavy. I have been pondering the origins of the universe as I am so prone to do. Sometimes I think in the eyes of the creator, our little eyes are so dramatically different and simple that we cannot even begin to comprehend anything that really matters.  Me trying to ponder the creator is like little Nigel here trying to figure out what I do after I drive off in the car. He cannot even begin to ponder it as he has no point of reference. How can I ponder anything when I have only seen creation from my side of it just as Nigel sees the world from his side of it and his side are the four walls of a house? Think of the universe. Think of my house. Nigel's universe is my house. He has no idea. Therefore, I know I have no idea.  Sometimes I think from the second we come into this world until our last second in it, our lives are only insignificant shadows of what is yet to come. What is yet to come is so much more. I try to remember this when I am all wrapped up in some worldly issue that will soon enough pass away like work dilemmas or any other temporal drama. I said my thoughts were heavy. I am a ponderer. That aspect of my personality has never changed. Many aspects of me have changed over time but that is one that has not.

So...I need to lighten up and here it is, folks. Look at these people. They are from the 1940's. Times change, do they not? In fact, have things changed so much that men used to wear their dress shoes with their pjs? Did ladies used to wear their dress shoes with their night gowns? Correction, the garment this lady is wearing is called a 'house wife wrap' according to the pattern. Now, what about this garment indicates a house wife? Are women called house wives anymore? That sounds like an archaic term to me. I do not know any women that are wives to their houses. They might love their houses, clean their houses, decorate their houses but be wives to them? Not so much. Yes, things change. Notice the lady again. What is that in her hand? A pack of cigs? Is she about to smoke in bed? Yes, things change.



2 comments:

Linda Jacobs said...

Oh, this made me chuckle!

Lisa said...

Ha! I like this one!

Blog Archive