Saturday, March 20, 2010

Where does it all come from?

My days are all messed up now. I am not sticking to my plan very well. That is me, what can I say? I am just not a structured person. I am a willy nilly go with the flow, roll with the punches kind of woman. I would never have made it in the army or any thing regimented. I made this the other night when I was watching tv. I do not watch a lot of tv. I only have a couple of shows that I consistently 'try' to watch. If I miss them, I watch them on hulu. I do love the new program "Who Do You Think You Are?". As a librarian working in special collections, genealogy is always forefront in my mind. I think it is important to know who your ancestors are. It changes your entire outlook about yourself. When you realize how many people you have standing on your shoulders, you cannot help but feel differently. While seeking your genealogy, you will learn both good and bad things about your history. One fact will remain true. You cannot change what you are made of;" it is what it is" as they say. However, it may help to answer some questions you have about yourself. You will ultimately know yourself and your family better for it. What does all this have to do with this piece? Perhaps this...I found out while searching out my genealogy that my family name means "to dress". People who had my name in the old country were usually tailors or dressers. Maybe that accounts for my fascination with this topic. It could be the key to knowing myself better. I see myself in a new light.


3 comments:

Linda Jacobs said...

Your job sounds fascinating! Thanks for the pics; they help to explain it.

Love the Statue of Liberty tucked into the corner of the rose piece of art!

The green and purple is stunning together.

I saw a single-engine plane fly by this morning and wished I could take off, too so I can totally understand the kitty wanting to fly.

I like the textured look to the fashion one's background. And the outfit is so reminiscent of my mom when I was a little girl.

I enjoyed perusing all your posts for this week!

Lisa said...

I have to admit, the genealogy part of my job is my least favorite.

Cindy said...

Lisa, I love the genealogy part of the librarian job. It is like unlocking a mystery for me. I love to see the look on people's faces when they discover something unknown about themselves. I love history in general.

Blog Archive