Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Visiting with Mother Nature

I am especially tired this evening so my creation will not be much. A lot of times when I am making these little pieces, I am multi-tasking. I never have time just to do ONE thing. Wow, just to do one thing at a time almost seems self indulgent. I am so tired today that I am having trouble thinking of words. Do you ever do that? For me, it is a symptom of sleep deprivation. I have never been a good sleeper. As I get older, my sleeping habits become worse. I do not like to sleep. I want to stay awake all night. I figure some day I will sleep forever, right? I will catch up on whatever I am missing now, then. Sometimes I watch tv while making these little pieces. I only have a handful of shows that I like to watch. But true to form, when something catches my attention, it catches it completely. But there are some commercials on tv that just drive me up the wall. One that I hate is Swiffer!!!! That is just oogey! Showing that old broom in the hot tub or the feather duster and some kind of doll in the attic. Creeeepppyyy! Or a rake and mop in the garage having a spaghetti dinner. Yucko. I wish that cat in the feather duster one would just tear into that old feather duster and rip it to shreds. Okay, 'nuf said.
Here is my completely digital representation of the beautiful full moon I saw a couple of nights ago. There are some things that I love that crop up over and over in these creations...the moon and hearts are the main two. I love the shape of the heart. I do not know why but it suits my tastes right down to the ground.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I think you recovered nicely from your word finding problems! ;)

Cindy said...

LOL!!!!Another symptom of tiredness...my rambling.

Linda Jacobs said...

I have a continuing love affair with the moon. We've had cloudy skies for two weeks, now, so I missed the full moon this month. I hate that! When I woke up this morning, it was sunny so I went outside in my PJs and snapped a picture of it before the sun came up. (It was 14 degrees!)

This is one of my favorite pieces of yours! There is such seremity. I could lose myself staring at it!

Anonymous said...

Cindy, this is super gorgeous! And I'm with you on those yucky Swiffer commercials (though I do rely on them to keep my kitchen floor looking nice...when I take the time to clean, that is). Still, they are more than made up for by the Old Spice body wash commercials (you know the ones I mean)!

Blog Archive