Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Tempo of Winter

Brrrr. It is a wee bit chilly here. Tonight, it is supposed to get to around 8 degrees. That is cold for this part of Texas. It is not unheard of though but those kind of lows do not happen every year. Maybe they happen every 6 or 7 years but not every year. It is a good thing when it does get that low though because it kills a lot of stuff that needs to be weeded out like fleas, ticks and those such things that infest my cat colony. Oh dear, now I am referring to it as 'my' cat colony. I probably should not do that. On such a cold night, Sugar is a guest in the bathroom. He is not happy in there but it is good for him. I view that sort of thing as a learning moment for myself. Maybe God does that to me. Things I do not like, He makes me do anyway because it is for my own good. Something to think about, huh? The wind is blowing like a banshee outside. The wind chill is far subzero and I can attest to that. I had to deliver my hand made birthday card to my neighbor earlier and I almost froze just walking down to her house.

1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

Wow, you guys are really getting a cold snap. Your temp is about the same as ours. Stay warm!