Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Please Meet Bradley

Chapter One
Hello. My name is Bradley. I already know what you are thinking. Odd name for a girl, huh? Well, I got my maternal grandmother's maiden name. I was just lucky that way because my grandmother's family had pretty much dwindled to nothing. My mom figured naming me after them would be a great way to honor them. When I was very small, I resented having a boy's name. As I grew older, I began to appreciate the coolness of it. I valued having a name no other girl had. It made me strong. It made me independent. I recently graduated from university and scored a fabulous new job. Today, I am packing to move to London. The thought of living and working in London makes me insane with excitement. It has been my dream forever and before me, it was my aunt's dream and before her, who knows whose dream it was? My skin will hardly contain me. Admittedly, the thought of packing all of my worldly possessions in order to set up housekeeping 3,000 miles away makes me insane in another way. I hate packing especially since I have issues with being easily overwhelmed. Still, this must be done in order for me to begin my new life. Sure, I am sad to leave my old life. I have a great life here with a family that loves me and loads of friends from high school and college but the call of a new adventure beckons me. Okay, back to packing. We will speak again later.

1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

Ah! can't wait to read about her adventures!

Love her spunky look, too!

Blog Archive