Monday, January 17, 2011

The Mysterious Nature of the Cat

Cats are mysterious little creatures. I find them to be immensely interesting. When my Maxie passed away a few years ago, I assumed incorrectly that someone would step up to the plate and fill his alpha shoes. No one did. I did not have any other alphas in the household. I only thought I did. Claude, Ollie and Nigel were not alphas. I thought Nigel might be an alpha but as it turns out, he is just rowdy. Now that Claude is gone, I still have no alphas. That is okay. We do not need one. I am the boss after all...well, sort of. Claude was my special boy in the sense that he was always with me. He wanted me to hold him. He wanted to follow me. If I left the room, he would come find me. If I was at home, we were never apart. At night, he would lie beside me with his head on the pillow. He would purr to beat the band! He was always a very happy fellow. Ollie must have been envious of all of that. Since Claude has been gone, guess who has taken up that burden now if it is a burden? Ollie. He has been nearly inseparable with me today. Yes, they are mysterious little creatures.

1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

Cute story. They really do have quirky personalities. I like your creation!

Blog Archive