Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas Finale!

Tonight is the grand finale of the 12 days of Christmas. I like these patriotic drummers. I think the bright colors often used to depict the American Revolution are very pretty. It was not a pretty time in history but the vibrant colors capture the intense feelings the colonists had about achieving their freedom to govern themselves. If I was getting a history degree as many archivists have, I would focus on either Tudoresque England or Colonial America. I am certain either of those two are often chosen as the focus of history degrees.


My niece went to San Francisco for New Year's to visit her boyfriend's family. Here are a couple of pictures she texted to me.



Here are some pictures from Christmas Day.
My recently widowed sister, Carla and my brother-in-law, Tommy. I think they are about to watch tv but I am not sure. Maybe they were looking for a football game.

In this picture, I see my nephew-in-law, Jeff, my niece Andrea's boyfriend, Patrick, my sister, Terri and my niece, Andrea (I think my brother-in-law is hiding behind Andrea. I can say 'my brother-in-law' now without specifying which one because I only have one now. It seems so strange.).

My two grand nieces, Victoria and Elizabeth playing a game. I cannot remember what they called it but it seemed like loads of fun. It was a word game. I never got the chance to play. Vic likes the same kind of boots that I do.

1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

Great pictures of your family! I'd love to visit San Francisco some day. And your niece is beautiful! I like your drummers, too!

Blog Archive