Monday, September 26, 2011

With A Little Help From My Friends

Shelly and I embarked on what we thought was going to be a small reupholstery project. In the beginning, I had pie in the sky aspirations. After about six hours of struggling, I decided to come down from the sky and get dirty in the trenches. We changed the plan.

See, here is what happened...see this filthy dining chair seat? I think we all agree it is time to be reupholstered, correct? This chair seat has two rows of welting and I was firm in my conviction that the new seats would need two rows of welting as well to make it appear 'professional'. You must be thinking we are really sloppy eaters around here. No, this dining room also doubles as a 'cat' hang out or dorm room you might say.  Anyone who has experience with cats know they are prone to get hair balls. 'Nuff said.

Okay after three broken needles, much angst, coffee, rethinking, replanning, reorganizing, we ditched the welting plan and went for a clean contemporary look. It looks better anyway. Even this part proved difficult getting these stripes to line up.



I stayed up late last night sewing and ironing these babies.


You do agree that they do look better though, right? What was going to be a few hours project will turn into a week long project. The end result will be worth it though.

2 comments:

Linda Jacobs said...

I love the stripes! Sounds like quite the endeavor!

Lisa said...

very contemporary! I don't think i would ever jump off into a project like that.