Saturday, March 10, 2012

Rome is Open!

Well, my most recent she art piece has been declared complete and I am already off onto another one. I am truly addicted to these things. I find their creation to be therapeutic. While I am making them, I find myself thinking about the person that I am making them for which is either myself or someone I love. My mind takes me to all kinds of places and times. I think of that person and what makes them unique. What words will I use to describe them? It is so much fun for me because I grew up in a house full of female complexity. I have a deep appreciation for all things feminine.

Then, I got to thinking this morning...wonder what 'he art' would be like? Should I give it a try? Is there such a thing already? I googled it but only 'heart' stuff returned since it is the same letters, naturally. I do not see this type of art piece appealing to every man but it definitely would appeal to the type men I am apt to befriend. I may give it a try.

And here is my latest piece for my niece, Andrea. Is it a worthy depiction of the girl that means the world to me? I hope it is. I know the picture of it is not worthy but I hope it is adequate enough that you get the general idea.




1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

This made my throat choke up! So beautiful and I love the words. She will treasure it, I'm sure!