Tuesday, December 4, 2012

What's Been On My Mind

Lately, I have been thinking a lot about a little island that I love. The oddest thing about this little island is that it produces some extraordinary musicians. Musicians with their roots far across the Atlantic in the bluesy deep, south. Strangers in another land putting their own flavor on something already beautiful.

I have most particularly been thinking about George Harrison which led me to thinking about Eric Clapton and how they really know their way around a guitar. Speaking of George reminds me that one of the many beautiful things about the Beatles were that each one of them individually was awesome in their own right. Each of them knicked off traits of American singers/musicians of the time. Yet, as a whole no Beatles song sounded like Elvis, Carl Perkins or Little Richard.

If I could interview Paul McCartney, I would love to ask him what particularly was going through his mind when he wrote the words to "Long and Winding Road". What/who was he thinking about when he wrote "the wild and windy night that the rain washed away has left a pool of tears crying for the day" ? Those are awesome words. I would love to know what he was thinking about when he put those down on paper.

Okay, time for some Glazed.

The Counting House, London

1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

I love Beatles's lyrics. They are so unusual but like arrows hitting our hearts. I have Paul's book of poetry called Blackbird Singing and read it often.

That glazed picture is a work of art! I'm so addicted to that app.