Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Deep, Bring Your Waders!

In some ways when I think of my life, it has sped by. In other ways when I summon memories, I know I must be at least two million years old. In many ways, I have traveled far and ruggedly. I have been down many roads. I like to believe I am a better person for it. I hope I am.


I have an appreciation for those who can build a sentence that brings tears to my eyes or joy to my heart. When an idea, thought or word can touch my soul, I have nothing but admiration and respect for the person who expressed that thought.

Everyone who reads this blog knows I have a deep appreciation for music, words and especially music with words. Everyone who reads this blog also knows I love the way Bernie Taupin puts his thoughts into words or how he just puts words together for the sole purpose of creating a beautiful sound together. Paul McCartney has a sweet, touching way of expressing love, loneliness and disappoint and any other emotion he wishes to call to mind. John Lennon had an especially clear way of pointedly getting straight to the heart of a matter and expressing it in a way that left little doubt.

I traveled a road many years ago with my sister. My sister is a huge, huge, huge fan of Bruce Springsteen. I am a fan myself; however, my ardency pales in comparison to hers. My sister and I went all over the place to see Bruce together. If he was performing anywhere on the continent and it was at all possible for us to get tickets, we went. Bruce is another that can put words together in a way that touches the very heart of my soul. I so admire his talent. He is a poet of the Bob Dylan ilk.

Bruce used to sing a song only in concert. I loved that song so very much because I felt as if Bruce had looked straight into my heart and had seen my vision of heaven. Recently, he recorded this song for an album which was something he said he would never do. I think he probably did it because two people appearing in this video are no longer with us, Danny and Clarence.

If you have never heard the song “Land of Hope and Dreams”, please listen to it now. I promise you will not be disappointed. It will touch your heart. No, it will touch your soul right down to the core. All of us know someone who rides on this train. All it takes to get on board is faith despite what else you may be, saint or sinner, fool or king. We have all said goodbye to someone who travels on this train. We do not know where they are going but we know they will never be back. Leave behind your sorrows. Tomorrow there will be sunshine. Big wheels roll through fields where sunlight streams. Meet me in the Land of Hope and Dreams.



1 comment:

Linda said...

Wow, great song! The words are wonderful! Thanks for sharing this. Enjoyed your prose, too!