Friday, May 25, 2012

Testimony that I wasn't expecting

Wow. Someone I do not even know far away in another state but was aware that I love to investigate ancestry for people sent me this picture and asked me 'Do you know anyone in this picture?'

Actually, the short answer is no. I never knew these people but I know 'of' them. It is a beautiful thing!


The oldest lady in the front holding her hat with a stern look on her face is my great grandmother, Elizabeth. She was a petite lady less than 5 feet tall and wore size 4 shoe. Her father was a presbytarian minister. The ladies surrounding her are her 3 daughters. On her left is Ella, on her right is Corrie. Standing behind her is my elegant grandmother, Erna that I never knew yet I still love. She looks beautiful there and exactly like my mother. Could she be the one in Heaven that loves me? You bet it could be her. It could be someone else that I never knew. Yet I know they are there and love me. How do I know this? Because I feel their love from here.
This picture is a treasure! I come from an ancestry of strong, able, intelligent women. I am blessed.

1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

Oh, I love old pictures! And love these women! My cousin just sent me a few pictures of my dad when he was a kid. I'm planning a post with them this weekend as soon as I unpack my laptop so I can scan them. As always, your words are beautiful!