Thursday, May 3, 2012

Melange of Odds and Ends

I do not have anything specific to say yet I feel talkative. Lots of thoughts are floating about in my mind right now. For example, last night a funny thing happened. I awoke about 2 am. Nothing is unusual about that. I awake many times through out the night. I am a poor, poor sleeper. Mostly, I just take little 'cat naps' sleeping for 45 minutes to an hour at a time but never much more than that, then, awakening for 10 to 30 minutes just to fall back asleep for another short 'cat nap'. It does not bother me. I have always slept that way for as long as I can remember. But last night or more correctly, this morning, I awoke from a 'cat nap' with a funny thought in my mind. I remembered a funny event regarding one of my nephews from about 40 years ago. I laughed out loud. I couldn't quit laughing. For at least 30 minutes, I laughed remembering something my nephew had said. I had not thought about it in years but suddenly, in the dead of night, I get on a laughing jag about a long forgotten incident. Something in a dream must have stirred up the dust of that long buried memory.

Another thing, sometimes I play a fun game with myself. Have you noticed that I have cats? We are cat people, my family. Everyone in the family has at least one cat or a hundred. We have been this way for many years now. But back to this game I mentioned,"if I didn't have cats" is the game. "If I didn't have cats and I could have a dog" more specifically, what kind of dog would I get? If I was not the crusader of down trodden felines, what dog might I want? For the longest time, I thought it would be a yorkie. Now, I have decided it would be the French bulldog. However, I really like corgis too. It would be a tough call. Luckily, I do not have to make that decision. The dog I want is still the cat.

That brings me to my next subject. I almost bought a cat once. I almost bought a toyger. I was reading something in the newspaper about a cat show when my sister, niece and myself spontaneously decided to go to it. Those toygers have the most amazing deep aqua eyes. However, no matter how much I wanted a cat, I would never buy one. I have to leave openings for the ones that no one wants at any price.

A relationship with an animal is a funny thing. It is not always love at first sight. Sometimes you do not love them and sometimes they do not love you. I have mentioned here before how Nigel does not really care for me that much even though I love him deeply. It is really great when it clicks for both of you instantly because it is a lifetime commitment. It is a promise. I promise to take care of you forever so you will never hurt again type commitment. All life is precious life.

At the time little Jake arrived on the scene, one of my sisters was actively looking for a male feline youth. She has two females and thought a young male might liven up the mix. When little Jakey arrived on my back patio, I introduced her to him. She thought he was adorable. He is. She said "He is sweet but he isn't for me. You have to keep him." I asked her why and she said "He loves you." and he did as I love him. Somewhere inside I knew he was meant for me and I for him.

Plus, I am really stoked. Saturday is another super moon! She will be fabulous! Why do they see a man in the moon? The moon is a beautiful lady. So strange are these people who make up these sayings and rules. Yes, it must be them that are strange because for certain, it couldn't be me.
Sad looking tiny moon taken with my iPhone peeking over my rooftop




1 comment:

Linda said...

Love that moon picture! If you hadn't said it was your roof, I'd have thought it was, I don't know, something exotic...or graphically artistic. I'm praying for a clear sky on Saturday night.

Enjoyed your ramblings!