Thursday, May 17, 2012

Feeling Thankful

I have a staggering appreciation for the universe. I become so easily fascinated by the smallest aspects. The falling shadows ever so slightly waving around a lily being brushed by a breeze. The complex yet simple perfection of birdsong. The warm rays on my skin of a perfectly placed sun…not too close but just close enough to bring life to our world. God is an architect. The Grand Designer. There is order to the universe. I find comfort in that. There is reassurance in knowing that I am doing exactly what I was meant to be doing and exactly at this time. It may not be what I wanted it to be when I dreamed of this day years ago but upon arrival of this day, it is what it was intended to be. I love that.


When I write that I am a truly, truly fortunate person I cannot begin to adequately convey the thankfulness in my heart for this blessing. I have been wonderfully gifted and favored through no merit of my own.

My dreams are beautiful. My dreams are a gift and there can be no doubt of that. In my dreams, I experience a lucidity that I can never hope to attain in a conscious state. My life becomes clear, focused and marbled with meaning. I understand completely. A light of awareness casts comprehension across my past in which all becomes as clear as a neatly laid out road map. I understand the whys and wherefores. I know I sound like a bit of a mystic. I suppose I am but this life is a mystery, is it not?

Obviously, last night, I had a dream that is freshly embedded in my memory. Again in a dream, my mysterious visitor came to me to share insight on why I do some things as I do and why I have chosen certain paths for myself. This I know with all of my heart as most assuredly as I know my name. Someone in heaven loves me. My path has not been an easy one but it is mine. I would choose no other. This was the course chosen for me when the world was swirling, forming out of chaos when the Grand Designer put us all in motion to follow each of our individual paths.

It is a beautiful thing that this fellow and I got here to this place at the same time. I am so glad I could be there for him when he needed someone. No, I would alter nothing if it meant by doing so that our trajectories would not have crossed.

JakeyBooBear

2 comments:

Linda Jacobs said...

Love the ethereal quality to that photo! I feel the same way about life and fate. Things have fallen into place for me over and over. I am truly blessed and am so thankful. Lovely post!

Cindy said...

Yes, we are birds of a feather. "In my Father's house are many rooms"...I knew your room and my room were the same.