Thursday, September 2, 2010

Bears and Carriages

As I have said so many times here, I have very extravagant and detailed dreams. Question. Do you ever recall a partial dream then you cannot remember whether you had that dream last night or on a night from 20 years ago? On the one hand, it seems you just dreamed it. On the other hand, you are fairly sure you must be remembering something from long ago. I am almost certain they are from long ago and are suddenly becoming conscious because they are relevant to the present. At least that is my interpretation of how they feel. The other night, I dreamed I was living in a large rustic house with my entire family. At one point, we were traveling back to our house in a horse and carriage. Never once did I inquire "Hey, why are we not in one of our cars?" instead I just rode along in the carriage knowing it did not fit but never asking why. Plus, have you ever noticed the raw emotion in dreams? It is much stronger and powerful than what I feel when awake. For example, in this dream I was just referring to at one point I thought someone was breaking into our house. Since there were so many of us, I had to stay in a room with my niece. She told me she was afraid of our potential prowler. On that note suddenly, I felt rage swell inside of me to the point of bursting. I told her "Listen, if something breaks in here and tries to hurt you, hell has no fury like what I will unleash on it. Whatever it is, it better be afraid of me because I will reach down its throat and tear its heart out."  I am hear to tell you, I was an angry mother bear or I should say aunt bear. After I said all that, she immediately jumped in bed and fell asleep almost immediately. I do understand why I dreamed that part though. Earlier that day, I had been recalling a few years ago when my niece was having some medical issues and how I wanted to protect her from them. Funny how things manifest in dreams. I am still at odds though about the horse and carriage method of transportation. In time, I am sure something will become obvious to me as to its meaning.


1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

Oh, I really like this! The colors are great and the mysteriousness makes it interesting.

Blog Archive