Saturday, October 2, 2010

Sugar Plum, Meet BooBoo

I have often mentioned here that cats seem to have telepathy. My cats often seem to sense what I am thinking. When BooBoo Lamb went missing for days, I became rathered worried about him because I know Claude's attachment to him. After completely ransacking the house for him, one night, I fell asleep pondering the whereabouts of BooBoo. The next morning as if by magic, BooBoo had myseriously appeared and had been laid on my arm sometime during the night. Yes, cats have telepathy. Sometimes, I cannot help but believe that I have it in reverse where they are concerned. Claude is very proud of BooBoo. He often touts to any other cats that he can corner to listen how wonderfully fun BooBoo is to play with. Ollie, Nigel, and Henry just give him looks of disbelief as he is yowling the wonderfulness of BooBoo. Since it has been cooler, I have begun to open the wooden front door so that the cats can sit to look out the glass screen door. Sugar Plum likes to look back in at them. One day, I watched this transpire. Sugar Plum sat at the front door looking in as Claude walks past. Claude stops. Claude looks at Sugar Plum. Claude leaves. Claude returns with soggy, dirty BooBoo in his mouth yowling up a storm. Claude walks right up to the screen door. As I said, I too am somewhat telepathic where my cats are concerned. Claude was saying to Sugar Plum "I realize you are an unfortunate that perhaps might not have ever been exposed to toys. This happens to be the best toy a cat could ever have. My mom (not your mom) gave this to me 18 years ago when I was an infant. It is extremely wonderful and coveted by many." I could tell by looking at Sugar Plum that he was thinking "What in the heck is that dirty shred of fleece stuffed in that cat's mouth?"


1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

Love all the detail in the top one: the hearts along the side, the guitar, the bracket, the words, etc.

And the bottom one is so mysterious! I just read a book called Room: A Novel and this reminds me of it.

Wonderful cat story, too!

Blog Archive