Thursday, October 13, 2011

My Little Peach, Henri



Having mentioned it previously, I never discuss Henri that much...not sure why though. Maybe it is because he is just always so good. You know he had that low self esteem thing going on and all? Odd, I know, for a cat to have low self esteem but I think it stems from him initially starting out in life running with a pack. He has a sweet spirit and is content to linger behind while everyone else gets their needs met before him. Poor Henri. Long story short here. Henri came down with what I call 'gunchy skin disease'.

He is the second cat I have had that has skin allergies. I was never surprised that Max had them. Max was a purebred and often they have issues. Now don't go thinking that I would ever go out and buy a purebred because I wouldn't. Those that need to buy can buy. But it is my mission to 'save' those that otherwise would not know love. Poor little Maxie was a purebred bought by a family that decided that he was 'demon possessed'. You think I kid but I do not. Some people are weird. Anyway due to his playfulness and feistiness, he was abandoned and in comes me to the rescue. I took the little 'demon possessed' creature right into my home without fear or hesitation. You know what? That demon never, ever reared its scarey head around me. All I ever saw was my playful, out of control Maxie. Well, all of that was to say, yes, it was not a surprise that Max had skin issues.

But my Henri is not a purebred. He is a red tabby. They are hardy. Somehow though that boy has always had skin issues and lately they got bunches worse. He and I had to visit the dermatologist multiple times. We have spent major quality time together lately driving hither and yon. We have long discussions during these drives. We talk music and we listen to music. You know what else? Henri knows without doubt that his mom loves him now. He runs to me first when I walk in the door. He no longer lingers back to let the others reach me before him. He runs right up with that eager look in his eyes as if he is saying "See mom? The one you love so much is here to meet you." It fills my heart with joy to see him so happy and confident. Mission accomplished!

1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

Such a sweet story! And I like your peachy creation, too!