Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Only a Blissful Glimpse

Have you ever experienced an inkling of bliss? I am sure you know the experience I am talking about. The type of experience that feels like you just caught a glimpse of an angel’s wing or that you just tasted ambrosia. I am describing one of those most rare occasions that happens once or twice in a lucky person’s lifetime when he feels as if his heart might explode in a flood of fragile, indescribable happiness.

It is when you think you could die at that very instant in time as a completely fulfilled person never, ever wishing for anything more than what you have already received. It is an overflowing feeling yet at the same time misty, delicate and mercurial. The more you cling to it, the quicker it vanishes. When the sun rises high, shining bright blinding light on those exquisite raindrops of joy dripping from your heart, the mist evaporates. That level of bliss does not linger. It is a temporal gift. At most, it will last a couple of hours maybe half a day if you are uncommonly fortunate. But when it happens to you, you swear that Heaven’s door just opened and you caught a brief sight of what eternity holds. 


5 comments:

Regina said...

Sometimes, when I'm at the beach and everything is calm and peaceful, I feel this way. You described it so perfectly!

Cindy said...

Thank you Regina. I appreciate your kind remarks.

Linda Jacobs said...

Hi, Cindy, my friend, Regina, was visiting yesterday and used my iPad but didn't log out. I never noticed. So, that comment was mine! Sorry! ~Linda

Lisa said...

I can't collect my thoughts to comment on this poetic post for laughing! As I scrolled down to the comments and saw "Regina" I knew immediately what had happened...."Regina" had visited my blog as well! That you replied back to her made it even funnier! Wonder where else Regina visited yesterday? LOL!

Cindy said...

That is funny! I rarely ever get anyone visiting my blog that I do not know which is how I like it. When I see someone post that I have never seen before, I always try to get them to say more so I can figure out who they are. Well, it worked...it was Linda under a different name!! I will be looking for Regina Linda now. I am wise to your game. LOL!