Monday, July 14, 2008

Russell Lee's Theme Song


As I said in an earlier post, all of my cats eventually get a theme song. It is not something I can plan. It just happens. Two my of my cats that are no longer with me have theme songs that I can hardly listen to without tearing up just because I loved those kittens so very much. I am thinking of this today because an email I received today had my little Rusty's theme song playing in it. My little Russell Lee is the one that started me down the Wonderful Road of Red Tabby. My heart brimmed with love for the cute boy because he was the sweetest thing. Another interesting fact about Russ is that he knocked on heaven's door multiple times before he finally did travel across the rainbow bridge. During his first serious illness, the song 'I Don't Want to Miss a Thing' by Aerosmith was getting a lot of airplay on the radio. Everytime I would hear it, I would think of my Russ because it was saying exactly how I felt "I don't want to close my eyes, I don't want to fall asleep 'cause I'd miss you and I don't want to miss a thing. Even if I dreamed of you, the sweetest dream would never do 'cause I'd still miss you and I don't want to miss a thing." He lived through that illness and a few more but eventually he did leave me and you know what I have found? The sweetest dream will never do. I still miss him and always will. Some people might think all of this cat talk is silly. All I have to say to that kind of person is that it is all of our differences that makes the world go 'round. All love is good love.

4 comments:

chesshirecat70 said...

One of my favorite things about Russ was his sister, Rosie.

Cindy said...

His sister, Rosie was a gem. Hey Chesshire, you need to get a blog.

chesshirecat70 said...

I'll just hang out on yours.

Cindy said...

LOL!

Blog Archive