Monday, July 21, 2008

When Lexicography and Paper Crafting Collide

Alright already, stop laughing. When lexicography and crafting collide, this is the result. Scarey, huh? I was attempting to make a rosette window out of tissue paper. I have seen this tissue paper technique on various home improvement shows when they actually apply it to the walls of a house. It looks pretty when they do it. I have reached a conclusion about my paper crafting skills. I do not have any. LOL! Did you ever watch the sitcom "Barney Miller"? The character played by Steve Landesburg, Sgt. Deitrich, has always reminded me of myself. He is never sure of what he is supposed to be doing, bouncing around from one thing to the next, never knowing how he fits into the world. Yesterday, Father Dickson preached about this and asked "Have you ever felt like somehow you were placed on the wrong planet?" That describes me completely. I am certain I am more well suited for Pluto or Jupiter than Earth. It must be a natural law in God's book of what makes the world turn that some must be born this way. The good aspect is that in all of my searching for what I do well, I have learned at least one thing about very many things which at least makes me an interesting conversationalist to strangers. No matter how many things I try, I am never dissuaded from trying again. If I live long enough, I will eventually find the thing I was born to do. I just hope I am still mentally able to do it when I find it.



Jupiterian

2 comments:

chesshirecat70 said...

Uh, that rosette looks like some cat throw-up!!! LOL.
I agree this is not what you were put on Earth to do!

Cindy said...

You are right. That rosette looks like a hairball from a multi-colored cat. I continue to search for my calling...

Blog Archive