Thursday, July 21, 2011

Feeling Exposed in a Happy Way

"Ahem..." she says as she steps up to the microphone about to make an annoucement to the entire world. Blogging is funny. I can easily write about almost anything in blogs except my vulnerabilities. Exposition does not come easily to me. I make these little art things that show up here because well...that is what 'they' teach you to do. If you have an artistic bent (notice I did not say necessarily an artistic talent), often to find your muse,'they' say switch gears. If you are a writer, paint a picture. If you are a painter, write a story. Yes, that is what 'they' teach you to do to find yourself. If you are a writer, 'they' tell you to change your style by writing on a paper bag. Write on a piece of adding machine tape. You will alter your style to fit the paper. 'They' tell you a lot of things like that. Okay, here is where things get vulnerable. Writing is like, well, majorly important to me. Okay, do not judge my writing by what I write here. I do know how to spell, place punctuation, use the correct tenses of verbs, write in the active voice, draw an action picture with words but admittedly, I do not put it here for several reasons. Here I do not put my blood, sweat and tears.

This week and the next few weeks, I am taking an alternate road. Some of my writing is being submitted to a professional editor for criticism. Ooh, it hurts. Ouch!! It is like walking into a party wearing only your underwear and everyone is examining you with magnifying glasses!!! It is scary. It is like getting a tooth pulled not that I have ever had a tooth pulled except baby teeth. I have had teeth surgically removed. That did not hurt while it was being done because I was asleep but afterwards it hurt like heck. Okay, maybe it kind of hurts like that now. One good thing that has come out of this editing stint so far is that I have learned that I have 'a style'. That is a good thing. People want style, right? Whatever I learn from it is all good. It helps me to grow and that is what I want to do. I will keep you informed of my 'growth' now that I have exposed my true passion that I never share here. If I have kept you interested enough to read to the bottom of this, I have used just enough of my writing skills. Writing makes me happy. Can you tell? Later gators!



3 comments:

Lisa said...

Will we be seeing any of this edited work? Sounds interesting.

Cindy said...

It is my deepest wish that everyone will read my edited material.

Linda Jacobs said...

I love your style! Prose is so hard for me to write. Poetry? No problem! Yes! Really looking forward to reading your stuff!

Blog Archive