Friday, August 5, 2011

Turquoise Memories

I am still having turquoise dreams. It is so Palm Springs. It is so 1950's. It is so Frank Sinatra. I am so drunk with heat exhaustion that I think I am doing word association now. I am just enamoured with the color blue at the moment. It comes and goes. This is not the first time I have been in love with turquoise. I have a jewelry box full of the color to prove it. I have been thinking of my turquoise home improvement project all day. That second little blue dress picture is outlined in white but not sure if that is going to show up on the white background of my blog.

Once I stayed in this old elegant hotel in San Antonio built during the art deco period. The bathroom was done in turquoise and black subway tile. It was beautiful. Do you think they make turquoise cars anymore? They used to...remember those two-toned white and turquoise Chevrolets? I think we may have had one. In the mid 60's they put some awesome color combinations together in fabrics like hot pink and orange, turquoise and lime green.



That is Us

1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

Pretty dresses and I love the singing cat silhouettes!