Tuesday, August 2, 2011

All the Pretty Little Horses

I love carousel horses. I cannot resist watching a carousel. I particularly love the non-horse animal figures on carousels with my favorite being the lion. I love to see a regal lion on a carousel. I also love the rabbits. Sometimes there is a mermaid shaped boat. Sometimes there is a swan shaped boat. My fascination with carousels may stem from a book I read long ago about riding a carousel called "Something Wicked This Way Comes". Depending on which way it was going, you got younger or older. Intriguing idea, isn't it? Today, I would get on that carousel and ride it backwards stopping at about 1963. I wouldn't want to stay there forever, just for a little while. If you could ride a carousel to anywhere in time, where would you stop for awhile?

I made everything on these Photoshop creations with brushes. I am really loving the brushes these days. I can scan almost anything and make a brush out of it. I have so much fun with Photoshop that I have been thinking about getting a Wacom tablet.



2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hmmm....if I could ride a carousel back to any time...
....I think I would revisit 1986. I would have a 7 y/o and a newborn. Good times.

Linda Jacobs said...

I'd go back to the mid 1980s when the kids were 10 and 13 and we'd go skiing at Sugarloaf every weekend all winter. Such fun times with them.

Love what you are doing with the brushes! The musical notes add so much.

I tried teaching that novel one time but the kids hated it. I loved how poetic it was but couldn't sell it to them.