Friday, January 20, 2012

When Kismet Happens



Sometimes kismet happens and you perform a good deed without intending it. This is what I mean.

The other night, I was visiting my mom. A knock came on her door and in popped our 96 year old friend, Roberta. She said she wanted to stop by to see if I was there because she needed some help. Her eyesight has been failing her lately. She had handwashed a blouse, hung it out to dry on her balcony as it had been a breezey day and now she could not find the blouse anywhere. I went with her to her apartment to take a look. I looked all over that balcony. No shirt was to be found. Since it was night, therefore dark, I could not see very far off into the distance but I saw no evidence of the hanger it had been on or of the blouse.

I turned to her and said "You know, I fear your blouse has blown away." Roberta said to me "Do you think a dog found it and is running down the road with it now?" We both laughed and I said "We can only hope so if he is in need and that he will make a nice, warm bed out of it."

1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

Quite the picture of that dog running down the street with Roberta's blouse!