Thursday, August 26, 2010

Skanky possums

Have you ever seen that commercial on tv of a woman who is not wearing her glasses and lets a raccoon into the house rather than her cat? Well, tonight I was out with Sugar Plum and I saw some cat come lumbering up and thought to myself "Great day! Here comes some other cat I do not recognize." Plus, I noticed he was slow. I thought it might be one of the old fighters. He confined himself to the shadows. I went in the garage to get a flashlight. When I flashed it his way, it was not a cat at all but an old skanky looking possum! (I know the correct word is opossum but does anyone ever really say that?) Not even a cute young possum. This one was grizzled looking. I noticed Puff Daddy who is one of the most beautiful cats I have ever seen giving him a look like "Woh...that is one ugly cat."

Can you see the poster in the rock wall?


1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

Yes, and it's very cool! I like the idea of making it a postcard.

Got back home yesterday and your beautiful card was in the mail box. Thanks for taking the time to make it! Also, I love the quote you included. Very appropriate and soothing!

Blog Archive