Saturday, November 13, 2010

Illuminate Yourself

As I have said so many times, lots of my dreams are like epic movies. Last night was no exception. I had a dream that I was an old, wizened man looking similar to Mark Twain and was a college professor. I was some muckety-muck at a college that I think was somewhere like Savannah. I say this because there was a lot of old trees with hanging moss about the campus. I really think I was probably the dean of the college but I was filling in for a professor that I had fired because our academic standards were falling. I went into a large class and proceeded to kick bootie and take names as they say. I told the students I would expel them for cheating and expected a higher standard from them than they had been producing lately and for quite some time. I was as tough as nails. Odd dream you may say. Knowing myself, not really. I did not have to dig deeply to know the source of this dream. It stems from football. The coach of the professional team we watch about here was fired this week as I had been saying he needed to be fired for years. Any team that receives as many penalties as this team receives means one thing...poor discipline. That comes from the coach. This team has many problems but I am not delving that deeply into it here. In my dream, I took that scenario and put it into a world to which I could personally relate. Not sure where the southern charm of the dream came from though. That may require more analysis. We can learn so much from dreams. Dreams illuminate our inner selves just like this lady below is being illuminated by the lamp.


Check out the va-va-voom fairy!


1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

Love the colorful eggs and the ethereal fairy! Beautiful colors.

Sometimes dreams can be so cool but I hate the ones where I'm trying to get ready to go somewhere but just can't find the right clothes and it takes me forever to get dressed. Frustrating!

So, when are you going to France?

Blog Archive