Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sugarplum

I have not spoken of my Sugarplum lately. Boy ran into some difficulty...nothing serious but we had issues. Therefore, I had to do some of my detective work. See, here is what happened. Sugarplum loved me. Notice I say 'lov-ed' with 'ed'? Then, we hit the skids. I still loved him but he was leary of me. He would come running to me then mid-run, he would slow to a walk like 'oh yeah, I shouldn't act so happy to see her'. Then, he would approach me with a squint. This was all very odd. I worried. He squinted. Unassumingly, I talked to several neighbors mentioning my Sugarplum to each of them after awhile. Most would say they only had seen him from a distance lately because he seemed shy suddenly. Then, one neighbor mentions to me "That cat that looks like Sugarplum has been sleeping in my garage but I run him off by getting my squirt bottle after him." Dum-de-dum-dum...DUM! Long story short, we got it straightened out. We have an agreement that she will not 'squirt' anyone anymore...Sugarplum, his look-a-like, or anyone that looks totally different even. Sugarplum does not love me again yet but I know he will eventually. True love always wins out, right? Wrong, that is mostly only in the movies but I feel confident that it will in this case.


No comments:

Blog Archive