Thursday, November 4, 2010

Tribute

My heart is broken today. My brother-in-law of  46 years passed away at midnight on November 3rd surrounded by his loved ones. We were all there to help him make the cross over to the other side. He went to the larger life peacefully in his own bed in his own home that he loved so very much.

He was the epitome of what a man should be. He loved God, his family, his cats and he never met a stranger. His heart was made of pure gold. I never introduced him to anyone that did not tell me that he was a gem of a person to know. Never really having a father of my own, he became a type of surrogate father to me.

He was diagnosed with lung cancer in 1999. Since that time, he endured every type of medical treatment imaginable and fought through nightmares that would bring most to their knees. He was a positive person with a positive outlook on life but time and illness eventually takes us all from this world. This is how it is meant to be. Still, it makes it no less sad for those left behind.


Tommy, we will see you again soon.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Cindy, I am so sorry for your loss. Was this Carla or Becky's husband?

Blog Archive