Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pondering the weather and trees

Is it cold where you live? It is not cold here where I live. The weather has been very odd this year. We have not had any autumn weather yet. Yes, it is cooler than it was in the summer which I guess is what autumn is here but all of the trees are still green and none are losing their leaves yet. The greatest part about that is that I have not had to use air conditioning or heater for over a month now. However, I understand things are about to change. Tomorrow, it is supposed to begin raining and the temperature is supposed to drop some. I am never big on using the heater though and honestly, I never have to that much. Generally, my house will stay around 60 degrees even in the coldest part of the winter. 60-65 degrees is the perfect temperature to me. Last winter when my electricity was off for 5 days, the temperature did drop in the house to around 50 and it was feeling pretty cold.

This piece I made has a sylvan look about it. I do love trees and the forest look. However, the trees in my yard cause me great expense and trouble. However, they do shade the house in the summer which I know makes a great difference on the electricity use. My neighbor has a bald cypress tree that is so tall that I worry about it falling.

No sylvan look here, just thinking about France. I am not sure what the moon and the piano keys have particularly to do with France. They just fit.

3 comments:

Linda Jacobs said...

It's amazing how the weather affects us!

I lilke how the French girl is standing on the piano keys! I always wanted to learn how to play but, alas, it wasn't to be.

Cindy said...

Linda, you could still take up lessons. It is never too late.

Lisa said...

I have a sad tree story that I need to share on my blog. I need to hunt up some pics first. Love the French girl.

Blog Archive