Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Sugar Plum Fairy

My mother always said "When you have a cat, you cannot have anything else." That is silly...right? Wrong. I have decided that my mother is very smart. Sugar is smart too. Since it has gotten a little cooler, that boy has dug himself a little ditch to sleep in by the front porch. It is just deep enough that he fits in it like a cat inside a bowl. Usually, he uses it for sleeping but last night, I found he has another use for it. It is also a bath tub. I apologize for the quality of the photo but I am still using my phone for everything. Call me lazy. It is okay. I don't mind. Anyway, back to Shoog...he is lounging here in his wallowing hole and taking a little spit bath. That boy is cute, isn't he? Oh by the way, see that 'gold cat' in the picture. That is a family heirloom. That thing is at least 45 years old. My stepmother gave it to someone ages ago. She made it in a ceramic class. Somehow it ended up on my front porch. I think Shoog thinks it is one of his relatives but not his mother. That is me and he knows it.

1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

That is one funny cat! And don't you just love vintage things?

Blog Archive