Thursday, April 28, 2011

I Vow To Thee My Country

I was thinking about a hymn they played at Princess Diana's wedding and funeral called "I Vow to Thee My Country" when I made this in photoshop. It is really a beautiful song. It had not been written yet when she lived but this song would have certainly been a most appropriate song for Queen Elizabeth I coronation as she was so deeply committed to her country. She was an exceptional monarch which is so very ironic considering how desperately her father wanted a son to carry on the House of Tudor. All the while he was scheming and conniving  ways to have a son, he had a diamond right in the palm of his hand with his most intelligent daughter. She loved her father and paid tribute to him when she told her troops "I may not be a lion, but I am a lion's cub, and I have a lion's heart". The ornate tombs of Queen Elizabeth I and her sister Queen Mary are not far from where Prince William and Catherine will be getting married tomorrow inside the Abbey as is the tomb of Mary Queen of Scotts. The Abbey is filled with the tombs of ancient monarchs and other famous people. Isn't history a wonderful thing?

2 comments:

Linda Jacobs said...

Yes, history is a wonderful thing!

Your dress design was pretty darn close! I thought she looked beautiful! So conservatively elegant and traditional. My husband thought she looked like Wonder Woman only with not as much "wonder" in her dress!

Cindy said...

I am really glad she did not wear those blue bloomers with the yellow stars that wonder woman wore. LOL!

Blog Archive