Saturday, April 23, 2011

Solemn Reminder

Seeing this for 3 days always makes me sad. Yet, I know it will be gone in the morning next time I see it. It is a wonderful visual reminder.


I find an item in the next picture extremely interesting. I look at it every chance I get. The alter must be cleared of all linens before it is accessible. This is a stone inside our alter from Glastonbury Abbey. It has been there for about 80 years. Another piece of marble fits over this stone making the alter entirely smooth and level. (see the edge of the top stone peeking out from the right) This Glastonbury stone has it own little house.


This is one of my pictures of Glastonbury Abbey. See the stone could have come from this very corner. The abby is almost always shrouded in mists.
It is a wonderfully mystical place. You can read more about Glastonbury Abbey here.


1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

Very interesting! thanks and Happy Easter!

Blog Archive